48.3 Scaffold Design Job Specification
Permanent, Full time (following successful probationary period)
We have positions based at can be based at our Design Office in Redhill.
Start date to suit successful candidate
Agreed starting salary.
- From £30,000 to £40,000 basic salary per annum. Our salary offer will be based on your capabilities and the value you bring to the design team. For the right candidate, with a fantastic attitude and an advanced skill set, the starting salary is open to negotiation.
- Regular overtime opportunities at increased rates of pay
- 25 days annual leave and 2 'play days' (time off to enjoy a hobby or interest you love!) plus eight statutory bank holidays (England & Wales) per year.
- Flexible working hours
- Company health and medical scheme
- Payment of Professional Membership Fees (ICE, or as applicable)
- Full training provision for job related technical skills
- IPD & CPD support and provision for progression to ICE IEng or CEng Status
Brief Job Role
To work within the existing design team providing scaffolding and temporary works design schemes for a range of commercial and industrial projects throughout the UK and Middle East whilst adhering to the latest codes of practice, UK regulations and company policies.
The successful candidate will have the skills to produce exceptional design solutions to the highest industry standards, solve complex technical problems, plan and manage project budgets and maintain quality and service delivery standards.
Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday; 08:30 – 17:30
Up to one-hour lunch break
Flexible working times as agreed.
48.3 was formed in May 2010 and are experts in providing specialist scaffolding, access and temporary works design solutions to a range of clients across the UK, Europe and the Middle East. 48.3 has provided recent designs for projects for HS2 (High-Speed Two), Network Rail, London Underground, Crossrail, Hinkley Point C (HPC) Gatwick Airport re-development, English Heritage, Thames Water, National Grid and many other commercial and industrial sites.
We have strong company values that underpin our mission and vision as a business. We have a relentless drive for excellence in our work that defines what we deliver and how we deliver it. Our aim is to change the scaffolding and temporary works industry, especially in design, and how everyone else perceives it. We have the desire to lead, and we have decided to lead by example. We are improving standards for everyone, to revolutionise our industry, this is shown in the standards that we set ourselves, how we deal with our clients, how we choose our team, how we train our staff and how we deliver our service. It is shown in every single one of our designs
48.3 have a proven track record in training and retaining staff and developing them to Eng Tech, IEng and CEng. We have supervising engineers and mentors across our business and many of our senior team are professional reviewers for the ICE. There is no other training programme like the one developed by 48.3 specifically for temporary works design and personal development. Our training programme is registered and approved by the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE). Everyone is critical to success at 48.3 and everyone has a big part to play. You will be an important and highly valued member of the team and we believe that it will be hugely rewarding for everyone.
If you share the same passion as us, you want a career with a clear purpose and feel you have what it takes to join a young, vibrant, forward-thinking team, then send us your CV, a covering letter and a brief statement (less than 250 words) outlining your suitability for the position. For more information please visit our website: www.483.co.uk You can also find us on Linkedin.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
|BEng / MEng in Civil or Structural Engineering. A BEng/MEng/BSc/MSc in a similar construction related engineering discipline will be considered.|
|A minimum of three years relevant design experience in civil or structural engineering discipline|
|A minimum of one year site experience OR temporary works design experience.|
|Full working knowledge and experience using Autodesk AutoCAD software package (Full, LT, Civil)|
|Experience using 3D Frame Analysis software to create and analyse complex structures.|
|Excellent Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel|
|Excellent written and verbal communication skills|
|Excellent time management skills|
|An attitude to work that embodies the 48.3 core attributes and alignment to the 48.3 company values - you have to be a great fit and want to be part of our team!|
|An open mind and a great sense of humour|
|An up-to-date CPD record for your career so far demonstrating your commitment to your profession and the development our your skills.|
|The ability to check the structural integrity and stability of a structure using hand calculations from first principles.|
|3D Modelling and BIM working and development capabilities|
|Knowledge of the main requirements of Construction (Design and Management) (CDM) Regulations 2015|
|Knowledge of the main requirements of The Work at Height Regulations (WAHR) 2005|
|Knowledge of relevant British and European Standards: BS 8888, BS EN 12811-1, BS 5975|
|Practical knowledge of scaffolding and temporary works|
Chosen candidates will, after successfully completing a probationary period (minimum one month depending on performance and appraisal), embark on the 48.3 training program. Our training is based on key personal development strategies that deliver a rounded and complete skillset for individuals, as well as the mandatory professional development skills to be successful in the role.
The successful candidate will also develop their own 3D modelling and BIM skillset alongside the evolution of the company design strategy, to deliver the range of services offered by the company and contribute to the continual service improvement we offer our clients.
- The production and completion of complex scaffolding and temporary works design projects in accordance with British and European codes of practice, UK construction and health & safety legislation, and to the complete satisfaction of our clients. This would typically include site surveys and project meetings, design briefs, design drawings, design risk assessment, design calculations & structural analysis, checking and quality assurance.
- Completion of 3D design models, details and walk-throughs for design, planning, presentation and training purposes. Management of BIM Data sets and processing for client information specifications.
- Checking and review of other design schemes (internal & external) within own competency limits.
- Management of project delivery deadlines and design budgets.
- Accurate assessment of client design requirements to produce design quotations and contribute to the production of tender packages.
- Work alongside existing design engineers to create and deliver fantastic design solutions for our clients.
- Assess and design-out hazards where possible within the design process and propose effective control measures for the reduction and elimination of risk.
- Conduct site surveys, collect and assess site information, liaise with clients and fellow construction professionals and represent the company at design and site meetings.
- Understand the practicalities of the erection, use and dismantling of scaffolding, as well as its main functions in key industry sectors and apply this knowledge to improve our service provision, processes and standards.
- To adhere at all times to company policies and procedures, in particular Design and HSEQ policies.
- To adhere to, maintain, and suggest collective improvements for company systems and processes.
- Communicate amazingly well with everyone.
- Commit to and deliver on, personal and professional development goals.
- Uphold the name and reputation of 48.3 Scaffold Design at all times and conduct one's self in a professional and dignified manner in keeping with the ethos of the company.
Send your CV, a covering letter and a brief statement (< 250 words) outlining your suitability for the position to:
Open position for continual consideration. Please send your application to us right away!