Senior CAD Technician
48.3 Scaffold Design Job Specification
Senior CAD Technician
Permanent, Full time (following successful probationary period)
We have a position at our Head Office in Redhill, Surrey.
Start date to suit successful candidate
Agreed starting salary
- £27,500.00 - £35,000 basic salary per annum typical (based on experience). Our salary offer will be based on your capabilities and the value you bring to the design team. For the right candidate, with a fantastic attitude and an advanced skill-set, the starting salary is open to negotiation and maybe higher than the range stated.
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Regular overtime opportunities at increased rates of pay
- 20 days annual leave (plus one day per year of service to 25 days) plus eight statutory bank holidays (England & Wales) per year.
- Flexible working hours
- Payment of Professional Membership Fees (ICE, or as applicable)
- Full training provision for job related technical skills
- IPD & CPD support and provision for progression to ICE Eng Tech Status
Brief Job Role
To work within the existing design team providing scaffolding and temporary works design schemes for a range of commercial and industrial projects throughout the UK whilst adhering to the latest codes of practice, UK regulations and company policies.
The success candidate will specifically provide exceptional technical drawings to the highest industry standard using AutoCAD and Revit.
Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday; 08:00 to 17:30
Up to one-hour lunch break
Flexible working times as agreed with line manager
48.3 Scaffold Design was formed in May 2010 by Managing Director and Principal Engineer, Ben Beaumont and are experts in providing specialist scaffolding and temporary works design solutions to a range of clients across the UK, Europe and the Middle East. 48.3 has provided recent designs for projects for Network Rail, London Underground, Thameslink, Crossrail, Gatwick Airport re-development, Heathrow Airport, English Heritage, Thames Water, National Grid and many other commercial and industrial sites.
We have a strong company ethos that has been there from day one, the reason 48.3 was created and the framework for our mission, vision and values. We have a relentless drive for perfection in our work, and increases in our competency. Our aim is to change the scaffolding industry, especially in design, and how everyone else perceives it. We want to increase respect and build trust so that people are proud to work in the scaffolding industry, and people like us can be proud to be ‘Scaffold Design Engineers’.
We have the desire to lead, and we have decided to lead by example. We are improving standards for everyone, to revolutionise our industry, this is shown in how we deal with our clients, how we choose our team, how we train our staff and how we deliver our service. It is shown in every single one of our design drawings and every line of our calculations.
48.3 have a proven track record in training and retaining staff. There is no other training programme like the one developed by 48.3 specifically for scaffolding design and personal development. Our training programme is registered and approved by the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE). Everyone is critical to success at 48.3 and everyone has a big part to play. You will be an important and highly valued member of the team and we believe that it will be hugely rewarding for everyone.
If you share the same passion as us, you want a career with a clear purpose and feel you have what it takes to join a young, vibrant, forward thinking team then send us your CV, covering letter and brief statement (less than 250 words) outlining your suitability for the position.
For more information please visit our website: www.483scaffolddesign.com. You can also contact us via twitter @483ScaffDesign or find us on Facebook and Linkedin.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
|A-C Grade in GCSE English, Maths and Science|
|Excellent (demonstrable) Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel|
|Excellent (demonstrable) written and verbal communication skills|
|Excellent time management skills|
|Personal desire, motivation and commitment|
|A Level in Maths/Science or HNC/HND in CAD or Construction related subject (or equivalent qualifications)|
|Technical drawing experience with demonstrable abilities in producing construction drawings to the highest standard|
|Full working knowledge and experience using Autodesk AutoCAD software package (Full, LT, Civil) and Revit|
|Knowledge of the main requirements of Construction (Design and Management) (CDM) Regulations 2015|
|An open mind and a great sense of humour|
|3D drawing and/or BIM working and development capabilities|
|Knowledge of the main requirements of The Work at Height Regulations (WAHR) 2005|
|Knowledge of relevant British and European Standards: BS 8888, BS EN 12811-1, BS 5975|
|Construction related industry experience, either site or office based|
|Practical knowledge of scaffolding and temporary works|
Successful applicants will be expected to demonstrate the essential skills above at interview stage.
Chosen candidates will, after successfully completing a maximum 3 month probationary period (minimum 1 month depending on performance and appraisal), embark on the 48.3 training program.
Out training is based on key personal development strategies that deliver a rounded and complete skillset for individuals, as well as the mandatory professional development skills to be successful in the role.
The successful candidate will also develop their own 3D modelling and BIM skillset alongside the evolution of the company design strategy, to deliver the range of services offered by the company and contribute to the continual service improvement we offer our clients.
- The completion of 2D scaffolding and temporary works design drawings in accordance with British and European codes of practice and UK construction and health & safety legislation.
- Completion of 3D design models, details and walk-throughs for design, planning, presentation and training purposes. Management of BIM Data sets and processing for client information specifications.
- Work alongside existing design engineers to create and deliver fantastic design solutions for our clients.
- Assess and design-out hazards were possible within the design process and propose effective control measures for the reduction and elimination of risk.
- Conduct site surveys, collect and assess site information, liaise with clients and fellow construction professionals and represent the company at design and site meetings.
- Understand the practicalities of the erection, use and dismantle of scaffolding, as well as its main functions in key industry sectors and apply this knowledge to improve our service provision, processes and standards.
- To adhere at all times to company policies and procedures, in particular Design and HSEQ policies.
- To adhere to, maintain, and suggest collective improvements for company systems and processes.
- Communicate amazingly well with everyone.
- Commit to and deliver on, personal and professional development goals.
- Uphold the name and reputation of 48.3 Scaffold Design at all times and conduct one's self in a professional and dignified manner in keeping with the ethos of the company.
Send your CV, a covering letter and a brief statement (< 250 words) outlining your suitability for the position to:
Please send your application to us right away.